Get Ready for Eaux Claires 2017
It's that time of year again...Eaux Claires 2017 is just around the corner! Last year the forest won us over with exceptional, one-of-a-kind performances, secret art installations, and endless surprises. From the live debut of Bon Iver's new album 22 A Million (including a track- by-track song title reveal in the festival app) to Chance The Rapper crashing Francis and The Lights' late night set, Eaux Claires 2016 didn't skimp on the special moments. This year, with so many big names like Paul Simon, Chance The Rapper, and Wilco on the line up, there's no telling what wondrous collaborations will occur this time around. To get ready for the revival of our favorite festival, we've gone through the daily schedule and art installations to select our most anticipated moments.
Times To Be Alert
- Friday, 6:45PM- Midnight, OXBEAUX Stage: "EXC TBD"
- Friday, 12-8:30 PM The Banks: "EXC TBD"
- Friday, 11PM-Midnight The Banks: "EXC TBD"
- Saturday, 2-2:30PM, OXBEAUX Stage: "EXC TBD"
- Saturday, 9:45-10:15, OXBEAUX Stage: "EXC TBD"
- Saturday, ALL DAY, The Banks: "EXC TBD"
All of the above times are noted as "Open for Artist Collaborations" on the official schedule. Based on the many surprises during the last two years, you want to be close by to The Banks or OXBEAUX during the To Be Determined times in order to avoid major FOMO. Pro Tip: Download the Eaux Claires App, turn on notifications, and keep a portable charger with you! As we mentioned, Bon Iver debuted a new album last year, and the app revealed each new song title through the app. Impromptu performances were also announced via the app, so consider it your EXC Guru. Also, make sure to make a few festival buddies, since the ol' word of mouth system is also your friend at this festival. Last year, we saw the live debut of "Friends" by Bon Iver and Francis and The Lights during Francis and The Lights' set, which is something you just had to be there for.
Known for its secrets and surprises, the "extras" at the Eaux Claires are always evolving. However, here are some of the art installations that you definitely need to be on the look out for!
- Moms Booth: If you're the type to get homesick at a music festival, perhaps this attraction will help! The festival organizers elaborates on this installation, saying "interactive installation staffed with real moms from the local community, including mothers of artists at the festival." If you're in need of some words of wisdom or some mom time, stop by this booth during your breaks from the music.
- Living Room: Escape from the crowds of Eaux Claires and plop down on a couch in the middle of the forest in "Living Room." This installation also promises a stereo that may also be pumping out new music from some of the festival's artists.
- Crickets: You guessed it- this installation will feature actual crickets, thousands of them. The artist behind this installation, Chris Kallmayer, says crickets will point to the memory, the passage of time, and the poetics of place."
These installations are just our top three of the countless art installations already announced, which will feature anything from live painting to poetry to sculptures. On top of the announced artists and exhibits, there's sure to be pop up features along the way. Download the app to say in the know.